Sunday, October 3, 2010

What I've Learned

I've learned that:
We don't have to change our friends, if we understnad that friends change.

Something that you do in an instant, can give you heartache for life.

You should always leave your loved ones with loving words, it may be the last time you see them.

We are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel about it.

Gone is gone. It doesn't matter if a person suffered a long illness or died suddenly, they are gone nonetheless - forever.

Either you control your attitude, or it controls you.

Sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the one who helps you get up.

Sometimes when I am angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.

The simplest things in life can make me smile...if I will only take the time to notice the simple things in life.

Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all that they have.

Maturity has more to do with what types of experiences youv'e had and what you learned from them and less to do with how many years you have lived.

It isn't always enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Just because two people argue doesnt mean they don't love each other. And just because they don't agure doesn't mean they do love each other.

I can't control or change what others think.

There is a difference in controlling and changing what others think and influencing them.

You shouldn't be so eager to find out a secret, it may change your life forever.

Sometimes the people that you love most in life are taken from you much too soon. I suppose this one has been the hardest of lessons.

You can't make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved and the rest is up to them.

It takes years to build up trust and just mere seconds to destroy it.

It's not what you have in life, but who you are on the inside and who you have in your life that counts.

You can keep going, long after you think you can't.

There are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.

Even when you feel you have no more to give a friend cries out and you find the strength to help.

Our backgrounds and circumstances may have influenced our lives but we are responsible for who we become.

I am still learning and probably (hopefully) always will be and that is when I feel most alive.

1 comment:

  1. I've learned that you can do some thing in an instant that will give you a life full of happiness or a heartache for life.

    I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

    I've learned that children pay more attention to what you DO than what you SAY.

    I honestly try to do everything I want to do today, today.

    Thanks for sharing what you have learned--I've learned alot of that myself.

    ReplyDelete